Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Altec 848A Flamencos or Model 14's?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member chameloman72's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9th, 2009
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Altec 848A Flamencos or Model 14's?

    Hello all,
    I have a chance to get a minty pair of 14's and already have a pair of 848A Flamencos. Would the 14's in your "honest opinions" be upgrading or going backwards from what I already have? The 14's are a little distance away so auditioning them first is a bit of a problem. Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Altec 848A Flamencos or Model 14's?


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: Altec 848A Flamencos or Model 14's?

    Quote Originally Posted by chameloman72 View Post
    Hello all,
    Would the 14's in your "honest opinions" be upgrading or going backwards from what I already have?
    Sideways really.

    I wouldn't trade, I would keep the 848's. YMMV.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: Altec 848A Flamencos or Model 14's?

    Not to argue with OG, but two very different speakers IMO.

    The 848A's are what i'd call high efficiency and well mechanically damped, can be very satisfying with just a couple watts.

    The 14's are only what i'd call medium efficiency, and they thrive on stiff, fast solid state power with ample damping ability.

    I don't actually own 14's, rather 9842 monitors which use the same components in a different style cabinet, i'm confident there's little difference in performance between the two models.

    Just my .02 y'all understand..................
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.